History and vines - a perfect match
A stay at the Old Schoolhouse is an experience that you are unlikely to forget. Set at the top of the gently sloping vineyard with stunning views over vines, sea and inlet, the Old Schoolhouse is your chance to immerse yourself in the rural life of a coastal New Zealand vineyard.
The historic building served as the Redwood Valley Schoolhouse for many years and was originally built in the 1930s. It gained a new lease of life when it was moved onto Kina Beach Vineyard in 1999 and lovingly restored, providing a setting of historic charm and modern comfort you will be most reluctant to leave.
The following amenities will provide for a comfortable and unforgettable stay at the The Old Schoolhouse:
- Large open plan living and dining area featuring original windows and polished native timber wooden floors
- Lounge area with log fire, radio, iPod dock, and TV; one of the sofas converts to a sofa-bed
- Large deck offering stunning views over vineyard, Tasman Bay and Moutere Inlet; with BBQ and outdoor furniture
- Separate bedroom with King sized bed, Egyptian cotton bed linen, duvet, and electric blanket
- Fully equipped kitchen including a Nespresso coffee machine, kettle, toaster, dishwasher, microwave, fridge/freezer, and full sized cooker
- Bathroom with toilet, spacious shower, fluffy towels, heated towel rail, toiletries and hairdryer
- Free WiFi
- Free on-site parking
- Complimentary bottle of Kina Beach Vineyard wine to be enjoyed
- Mini cellar with further Kina Beach wines and local artisan beer
- Complimentary tasting of Kina Beach wines at Tasting Hut
- Complimentary breakfast provisions. These include tea and coffee, juice, home-made bread and muesli, preserves, fresh locally grown fruit and free range eggs
- Please note that breakfast is prepared by the guests themselves, using the kitchen facilities and breakfast provisions provided
- A short walk brings you to Kina Beach with easy access to the famous Kina cliffs
- Maximum occupancy is 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults
The nearest town is Motueka, which is a 10 minute drive away.
For more pictures of the Old Schoolhouse browse the gallery.